St. Monica Catholic School Signup Sheets for Volunteer Opportunities
We rely on our valuable volunteers’ energy, creativity, and input, AKA amazing parents!
Below are many of the service opportunities currently available.
We encourage parents to volunteer and become involved. However, to ensure a secure school for our students, we require that parents complete “Safe Environment” training before serving in a volunteer capacity. The Archdiocese of Seattle mandates this training. Please visit https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/ to complete the background check and signup for a class.
Service Commitment- All our families commit during registration to a minimum of thirty (30) service hours between July 1st and June 30th to the school. Service hours may be earned in school or parish activities.
- Volunteer Hours are recorded in the Facts Family Portal, and opportunities are continuously added throughout the school year as we plan our Parent Club events.
Welcome Committee 22-23
Event Chair: Gina Maguire
August & September – Welcome Committee Co-Chairs: Needed
Be a school ambassador to our new families! Assist room parents with welcoming new families to the school and help answer questions by contacting families via email or phone calls. In addition, coordinate volunteers to distribute “Welcome to St. Monica” yard signs the weekend before the 1st day of school.
- Yard signs for new families (30-35 new families) out in the yard by 8/28/22.
- Assist with the 2022-2023 School Year Orientation (8/23/22) with light food and beverages.
- Partner with Jacqueline B. to answer any new room parent questions.
- Assist with the Summer Playdates – thinking after 9 am mass in August but open to new ideas as well. Send a cute Evite or email invite!