LEARNINGS & CHALLENGES
MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL
THAT EVERY CHILD MAY FLOURISH UPDATE #2
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- WHAT IS THE TITLE FOR THE SCHOOL PLANNING PROCESS?
The process is named That Every Child May Flourish because the heart of the plan is to help each student develop their God-given potential throughout their experience at St. Monica. This includes growth in faith for each student in the curricular and co-curricular areas.
- WHAT ARE THE ELEMENTS OF THE SCHOOL PLAN?
The new plan will have statements of the school’s mission (why does the school exist), values (guiding principles of conduct), vision (what the school will look like if multiple goals are achieved to a high degree), goals (centers of energy) and objectives (immediate directions to help achieve the goals).
- WHAT ARE THE KEY GOALS IN THE EMERGING PLAN?
- ST MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL WILL PROMOTE A STRONG CATHOLIC IDENTITY
- ST MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL WILL SUPPORT ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AND EACH STUDENT’S DEVELOPMENT
- ST MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL WILL RETAIN, NURTURE AND ATTRACT HIGH QUALITY FACULTY
- ST MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL WILL ATTRACT AND RETAIN STUDENTS THROUGH EFFECTIVE MARKETING
- ST MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL WILL BE A WELCOMING AND HOSPITABLE COMMUNITY
- ST MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL WILL ENSURE A SUSTAINABLE FINANCIAL FUTURE
- WHEN WILL THE PLAN BE APPROVED & WHO APPROVES IT?
The Steering Committee, with representatives from the school faculty and staff, school parents and parish staff, will submit a recommended plan to the School Commission for their review and critique. The new St. Monica Catholic School Plan will be approved in April 2018 by the pastor and the principal.
- WHEN WILL IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PLAN BEGIN?
Implementation of the plan will begin in May 2018 for a 3-year period, though some action steps may begin sooner.
PLEASE SEND ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO THE STEERING COMMITTEE AT JKING@STMONICASEA.ORG.