Here is the School Supply List for you to gather the few items that need to be brought from home the first day of school. Remember, we are gathering most of your needed items but there were a couple of things that we still wanted you to get. This way, too, your little’s personality has a way of shining in their choice of lunch pail or back pack.
We are pleased to partner with both Dennis Uniform & Land’s End school uniform school code: 900163767
Parent Club maintains a “uniform exchange” option and throughout the year makes gently used uniforms available at no cost. Uniform Exchange will be available at the first day of school Parent Club Social.
First Day of School:
- Wednesday, August 29, 8:00 am All School Mass. Please go directly to the church at 8:00 am and sit as a family.
- Class Blessings– At the end of Mass, Fr. Freitag will call each class forward to receive a blessing and then teachers will then take the children to their classroom. Parents are invited to come to the gym for a Parent Club Social.
- Early Dismissal-School is dismissed at 12:00 noon on the first day. There will be an all school BBQ in the Upper Field for all students with their families.
Regular School Schedule:
- School begins at 8:20 am (drop off in front of school on 87th Street) Doors Open at 8:15am. Families who would like to attend 8 AM morning Mass are invited to attend. A staff member will meet them at the double fire doors after Mass and get students to class before period 1 begins.
- School ends at 3:00 pm on Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri (pick up in playground / parking lot area)
- On Wednesdays all children are dismissed early at 2:06 pm/Pre-K dismissed at noon.
- The school attends Mass every Friday at 8:30 am and the children are required to wear their logo sweatshirt or sweater to Mass. Students must be in full uniform, no NUT coupons.
- *New this year- Before School Care! Morning care is available 7:00-8:15 am. Please complete Morning Care Contract 2018-19 to reserve your space.
- *New this year- After School Study Hall! Study Hall is held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:10-4:10 am in the school library for 5th-8th grades. Please complete Study Hall Contract 2018-2019 to reserve your space.
- New Bell Schedule 2018-2019
- Walk to Math! Grades K-8 will all be participating in a Walk to Math program. All levels of math with be offered periods 3-4 to allow for movement and placement in the appropriate level of math. Grades K-5 will all be using Saxon Math – a strong scaffolded math program that is structured for introduction / reinforcement / mastery. It also incorporates fact skills / drills for improved math fluency and computation accuracy. Having a consistent math vocabulary, especially in the primary foundational classes, is essential to mastery of skills.