To encourage broader participation, the Parish/School-Wide Stakeholders Large Group Meeting, originally scheduled for this Saturday, 11/18 has been postponed and will be rescheduled to a later date. Stay tuned for the announcement after Thanksgiving Break.
For more information contact Justyna King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding!
The St. Monica Steering Committee
FOR ST. MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL PLANNING PROCESS
OCTOBER 31, 2017
- WHY ARE WE CONDUCTING A STUDY OF ST. MONICA CATHOLIC SCHOOL?
There are several reasons for the study at this time.
- To clarify and commit to the school’s identity and core mission as a Catholic School.
- To discern a ‘future full of hope’ and a plan for financial viability.
- To work together so that all school parents, alumni and parishioners will come to consensus about “who we are and who we want to be.”
- To better meet the needs of the families St. Monica Catholic School serves.
- To explore new models of serving the educational and formational needs of families.
- WHAT ARE THE PHASES FOR THE STUDY AND WHEN WILL IT BE COMPLETED?
The study includes a 6 question survey for all who are committed to St. Monica Catholic school; focus group sessions with the school faculty and staff, the School Commission, current and former school parents, the parish staff, the Finance Council and more; two large group sessions and multiple drafts of the new plan available for feedback.
- WHO IS LEADING THE STUDY AND WHO ARE THE PLANNING CONSULTANTS?
Fr. Freitag appointed a Futuring Team to lead the study. Members include a combination of school parents and teachers as follows: Carrie Anderson, Natalie Chiappone, Javier DeLucas, Caroline Gaskill, Justyna King, John Luger Jr., Samantha Pottenger, Kyle Roche, Mary Rodel, Riley Shephard
- IS OUR SCHOOL GOING TO CLOSE?
No. This study is focused on strengthening St. Monica Catholic School for the future.
- HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THE STUDY?
There are many ways for you to participate. You can:
- Sign up for one of the focus groups after the Masses on November 4 & 5- complete
- Complete the individual survey posted on both the school and parish websites by the November 13th deadline
- Participate in the half day large group meeting on Saturday November 18th
- Provide feedback to the 1st and 2nd draft plans that will be published in December and January
- Participate in the second half day large group meeting on Saturday January 6th or 20th
- Pray for the success of the school study
- WHAT IS HAPPENING ON
NOVEMBER 18 FROM 8:30AM TO 12:30PM? This will be re-scheduled!
This meeting is open to all who care about the present and future of St. Monica Catholic School. The four hours will include information on the findings of the study to date, small group conversations on the mission of the school as well as on a variety of critical issues. Come to learn, contribute and enjoy!
PLEASE SEND ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO THE FUTURING TEAM AT JKING@STMONICASEA.ORG.