“One of the keys of parochial education, in general, is that the children are not only given quality academics but also a sense of values and culture. The fact that these schools view it as part of their mission to impart proper values—which you might call Judeo-Christian—to their students is integral to their success. I think that’s very important in building a whole person.”
–Donn Weinberg Chairman, Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
The Annual Fund brings together the community of parents, alumni, alumni parents, parishioners, grandparents and friends that are committed to furthering the mission of St. Monica Parish School. This includes keeping St. Monica Parish School accessible to all parishioners who desire a Catholic education, maintaining competitive salaries for our faculty and offering quality programs that further enhance the academic needs of our children. Your contribution helps bridge the gap between what is charged for tuition and the actual cost of educating our students.
The financial support from the St. Monica Parish community directly affects each and every student in the school. We are truly grateful for the dedicated community that works together to continue our mission of providing an excellent Catholic education for our children. To continue the legacy of excellence, please consider supporting the Annual Fund.
If you would like more information regarding the St. Monica Parish School Annual Fund, please contact Jamie North, Director of Marketing, Events and Communications at (206) 232-5432 extension 174.
Facts about the St. Monica Parish School Annual Fund
- In the past 30+ years the costs of running a Catholic school have escalated dramatically due to the fact that donated services of the religious no longer subsidize the schools.
- The Annual Fund helps bridge the gap between the actual cost of educating the students and the price of tuition, currently $11,685 versus $8,340 for subsidized tuition for one child at St. Monica Parish School.
- School parents are included in the Annual Fund campaign in addition to paying tuition because:
- Your children are the direct recipients of the benefits derived through the Annual Fund.
- It allows present programs to remain in effect, thus benefiting the students who are currently attending the school.
- The support of the parent community indicates to outside organizations such as foundations, corporations etc…that our parents are so invested in the well-being of the school that they are willing to donate above and beyond the cost of tuition.
- Strong parent support impresses outside groups and tends to make them look favorably on the school for funding considerations.
St. Monica Parish School set up an Endowment Fund in 1983, as an additional source of income to support the school. These monies and securities, set aside in an account to generate interest, will ensure the financial future of St. Monica Parish School. Because the principal has surpassed the original goal of $500,000 the school has been able to use the interest from the Endowment Fund to support the financial needs of the school. These include keeping tuition affordable, supporting scholarships and maintaining teachers’ salaries. Individual donations and designation of funds from the annual Phone-a-Thon all assist in funding the Endowment.
What is an Endowment? An endowment consists of donated funds that have been set aside by a school and invested in order to produce income. Interest income from the endowment fund (principle is never touched) could be used for the following:
- Develop new educational programs
- Attract and retain high quality faculty
- Provide a margin of financial flexibility for school management
- Provide funds for financial aid and scholarship programs
A strong endowment fund helps to ensure that Catholic education will remain affordable for all families.
Facts about the St. Monica Parish School Endowment Fund
- The goal is to accumulate funding to a level where it can sustain a significant amount of annual support for St. Monica Parish School through investment income.
- We must also continue to keep salaries on par with local public schools, keep facilities updated and provide access to new technologies for our children.
- The successful building of the St. Monica Parish School Endowment Fund is critical to ensure a school that provides an affordable, quality Catholic education to all our children and grandchildren.
Company Matching Gifts
Stretching Your Contribution Dollar! Many companies match the charitable gifts of their employees, active and retired. If you work for, or are a retired employee of a company who matches gifts, please consider requesting a matching gift to St. Monica Parish School. Many employers also match volunteer hours as well. Simply contact your employer for the necessary paperwork to process your payment. Your gift will benefit St. Monica Parish School. If you have any questions or need a complete listing of matching companies, please contact Jamie North at 206-232-5432 Ext. 174 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of many companies who have matching gift programs.
- Abbott Laboratories Fund
- Alaska Airlines
- AMC Entertainment Inc.
- American Express Financial Advisors
- American Standard Foundation
- Amgen Foundation
- AT&T Wireless
- Attachmate Corporation
- Bank of America Matching Gifts Program
- Bank of California
- Beckman Instruments, Inc.
- The Boeing Company
- BP Amoco Foundation, Inc.
- Brown & Brown of Washington
- Chevron Corporation Matching Gifts
- CIGNA Foundation Matching Gifts
- Citicorp Foundation
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc.
- Commonwealth Insurance Company
- Colgate Palmolive Company
- Contractors Bonding & Ins. Co.
- Costco Wholesale
- DST Systems, Inc. Advised Fund
- Eddie Bauer
- Edison International
- Egghead Discount Software
- ExxonMobil foundation
- Federated Department Stores, Inc.
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance
- First Horizon
- FleetBoston Financial Foundation
- Ford Motor Company Fund
- Foss Maritime
- GE Fund
- General Mills Foundation
- GlaxoSmithKline Foundation
- Graham & Dunn PC
- GTE Foundation
- H&R Block Foundation
- Hallmark Foundation
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition Inc.
- Honeywell Foundation
- Houghton Mifflin Company
- IBM International Foundation
- IKON Office Solutions Foundation
- JP Morgan Chase Foundation
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Kemper Securities, Inc.
- Key Foundation
- Kimberly-Clark Foundation, Inc.
- Laird, Norton Foundation
- Land America Foundation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Merck Company Foundation
- The Medtronic Foundation
- Mellon Financial Corporation Fdtn.
- Merrill Lynch Matching Gifts
- MetLife Capital Corporation
- Microsoft Matching Gifts Program
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.
- Motorola Foundation
- New England Business Services
- Nike, Inc.
- Nintendo of America, Inc.
- Northwestern Mutual Foundation
- PACCAR Matching Gifts
- PepsiCo Foundation
- Pfizer Inc.
- Philip Morris Companies, Inc.
- Principal Financial Group Fdtn.
- The Procter & Gamble Fund
- ProPharma Group
- Prudential Insurance Company
- Puget Sound Energy Gift Matching
- Quellos Group, LLC
- Raleigh, Schwarz & Powell
- RR Donnelley & Sons Company
- Reuters, LLC
- SAFECO Insurance Matching Gifts
- Saint-Gobain Corp. Foundation
- SBC Foundation Matching Gifts
- SBL Charitable Trust
- Saltchuck Resources, Inc.
- Seaboard Corporation
- Shearson Lehman Hutton
- Shell Oil Company Foundation
- Simpson Timber Company
- Skinner Foundation
- Sony Pictures
- Sprint Foundation
- Star Rentals
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- State Street Bank
- State Farm Companies Foundation
- Steelcase Foundation
- Tebbeci Business Services
- Tenent Healthcare Foundation
- The Dorsey & Whitney Foundation
- The Philips Electronics NA Corp
- Tiffany & Co.
- TimeWarner Employee Grant-Programs
- Towers Perrin
- Tyco Matching Gifts Program
- Union Bank of California
- Union Pacific Railroad
- United Parcel Service
- US Bankcorp Foundation
- USB Foundation USA
- Verizon Wireless
- Wachovia Foundation Matching Gifts
- Wells Fargo & Company
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- World Research, Inc.
- Young & Rubicam Inc.