School Starts on September 4, 2019
Reminder- each student paid a $75 supply fee during registration for the needed consumable supplies such as pencils, paper, folders, etc… Please see the Supply List 19-20 for additional items by grade that students need to provide.
First Day of School is Wednesday, September 4, 2019. School begins with the 8:00 am all school Mass. Families need to go directly to the church at 8:00 am and sit as a family for Mass.
Class Blessings will be begin following Mass, Fr. Freitag will call each class forward to receive a blessing and then teachers will then take the children to their classroom. Parents are invited to come to the gym for a Parent Club Social.
The first day of school is Noon Dismissal with no ASC. All families are invited for our annual all school BBQ in the Upper Field!
Regular School Schedule begins September 5
- Beginning September 5, school begins at 8:20 a.m. (drop-off in front of school on 87th Street) Doors Open at 8:05 a.m.
- School ends at 3:00 p.m. on Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri (pick up in playground / parking lot area)
- On Wednesdays all children are dismissed early at 2:00 p.m./Pre-K dismissed at noon.
- The school attends Mass every Friday at 8:30 am and the children are required to wear their logo sweatshirt or sweater to Mass. Students must be in full uniform.
The St. Monica Catholic School uniform requirements are to be strictly observed by all students. The Principal has the final say in all dress code matters. If some unforeseen emergency prevents wearing the uniform for a day, a written note from the parent to the Principal is required. This note is valid for one day only.
We partner with both Dennis Uniform & Land’s End for our required school uniform. Please use these codes when ordering, Land’s End: www.landsend.com School Code: 900163767 and Dennis Uniform: www.dennisuniform.com School Code: XTM450.
Parent Club maintains a “uniform exchange” option and throughout the year makes gently used uniforms available at no cost.
The St. Monica Catholic School dress code is listed Dress Code
Show your St. Monica Spirit! In case you missed the Online Spring Sale we have reopened the Online Spirit Wear Store. Items will be delivered to the school 3 weeks after the close of the sale. Order through this link by September 30 : https://stmonicaschool-zht572.itemorder.com
- The total volunteer commitment is 30 hours per family and academic year. Parents must have current Background Checks and SEP training completed to volunteer.
- On the first day of school, there is a Parent Coffee Hour in the gym where parents can learn about the different school activities, volunteering opportunities and programs. Parents are encouraged to sign-up for anything that sounds interesting to them (i.e.: classroom volunteer, office volunteer, lunch time helper, soccer coach, helping with the auction, etc…).
- Make a note of which events you volunteered to support and write down the name of the person heading up that event, so you can follow up with them as the date draws near. You don’t want to miss your volunteer opportunity.
- Minimum community service hours are required for middle school students, 4-8 grade can volunteer to alter serve at mass and 6-8 can volunteer for Math Buddies.
New Lunch Program
Lunch Ladies is proud to provide our school lunches for the 2019/2020 school year. Registration and ordering is now available. Lunches will cost $4.85 plus tax. Each lunch will come with the main entrée and fruit and vegetables depending on the main entrée. Pizza lunches come with carrots and treat.
This year we will be offering several hot and cold items each day. A large on any of the items can be purchased for an additional $1.25 Ala carte items such as extra fruit, cookies, brownies, water and juice for $1.00
Ordering can be done weekly, monthly or daily by 8pm for the next day.
See instructions HERE to create an online account. It’s really easy to use but should you have any questions please contact us at 425-444-9573 or by email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s time to register for Soccer. Here’s a brief update as we start the season.
- Registration is NOW, please sign up here… CYO TeamSideline Website
- Practices for 1st grade coed, 2nd grade coed and 3rd grade girls will start Thursday, September 5th, after school 3:30-4:30 on the lower soccer field.
- Practices for 4th grade girls will be Fridays at 3:30.
- Kindergartners will practice right before their Saturday games.
- 3rd grade boys will practice on Mondays at 4pm
- Kids will need to bring Shin guards, Soccer cleats and water bottles to practice.
- Games will be September 14, 21, 28, Oct 5, 12. 19 and 26. The Soccer schedule will be posted at the end of the first week of school so stay tuned for more info.
- Once you are registered, you will receive a message from your coaches with all the details in the next few weeks.
- We are still looking for coaches and volunteers so please let me know if you are interested!
We need to form our teams by Aug 21st so please register today. All students and parishioners of St. Monica’s can play CYO sports so please tell your classmates and friends to come play with us!
Easy Way to Support St. Monica School! Use the Amazon Associates Link each time you shop from Amazon. Many vendors pay advertising rebates to our school. This is a unique program which St. Monica is fortunate to be a part of is separate from Amazon Smile. Use the Amazon Associates ID, stmonparsch-20, instead of Amazon Smile for the best rebate.
St. Monica Catholic School offers the Scrip fundraising program to all school families, parishioners, and school supporters. As a school organization, we can buy gift cards (referred to as “Scrip”) at a discount and resell them at face value, thereby raising funds for our school.
Once your account is set-up though www.shopwithscrip.com and PrestoPay account is verified, you will be able to order and print gift card vouchers for immediate use. Many Scrip vendors offer online vouchers that may be ordered by smart phone and shown to cashier at checkout. Scrip to Go is on Sale every day in the school office. Stop by and will answer any questions. https://stmonicasea.org/giving/scrip/