We have made a conscience, prudent plan to be open for the 2020-2021 school year and are currently enrolling for the 2020-21 school year. Let us know if you would like to set-up a time to visit the campus.Request Information
Our preschool program is in the Early Learning Center, located next to the primary K-8 school. Inside our sizeable window-filled building, we have two classrooms; one for students ages 3 and 4 and the second room for students ages 4 and 5. Classroom placement depends on the child’s birthdate and social development.
Our students participate weekly in music, art, Spanish, and P.E. classes in the Early Learning Center to allow the preschool to avoid shared classrooms.
We are a full day child-directed program that gives our students 3 hours of free play time each day (two indoor and one outdoor). Students explore their interests, stretch their imaginations, make peer connections, practice negotiating and teamwork and exercise fine and gross motor muscles.PreK FAQ
Throughout the day, we also have several academic periods to give our students ample opportunities to explore early reading, writing, science, math, and art concepts. We believe this balance between active, free exploration, and teacher-led academics allows our students to develop a love of school, curiosity for learning, and academic drive that will reach way beyond preschool.
We look forward to meeting you and your family soon. The first step is to complete the online application, and our registrar will contact you with enrollment information.Apply Here
We have the following procedures to combat COVID-19 in our facility when we open in the fall.
- There will be a designated drop off and pick up location where parents will sign-in/out their children. A classroom teacher will take children’s temperatures and escort them into the classroom. Parents will say goodbye in the outdoor lobby.
- Students will continue to wash their hands upon arrival.
- Students showing symptoms of an illness, such as a fever, persistent cough, or stomach issues, will be asked to remain at home until they feel better.
- Sensory tables have been stored away, and individual-use sensory bins will be used.
- We will teach our music, art, Spanish and P.E. classes in the Early Learning Center to allow the preschool to avoid shared classrooms.
- Students will continue to attend weekly religious classes in the Atrium. Atrium materials and the facility will be sanitized daily.
- Students will be distanced out during circle time, and we will limit the time spent in lines.
- Scheduled handwashing periods have been built into the daily schedule, and our bathroom facilities will be sanitized between visits.
- Food prep areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Brain breaks and nap times will have 2-inch thick foam mats with a vinyl surface and will be sanitized daily. All mats will be placed head to toe, far apart, and with shelves between kids.
- Our activity areas have furniture, equipment, and toys that can easily be sanitized between uses and rotated throughout the day.
- We will be limiting students in classroom centers to keep kids spread out.
- We have increased our outdoor activity time and decreased our indoor activity time to allow kids space (and fresh air) to practice their social skills, communication, and free-play needs.
The staff at the St. Monica Early Learning Center are working to keep our preschool safe and healthy. We believe the best way for young children to learn is in a classroom that provides socialization and academically rich and engaging experiences.
Please be assured that we will continue to operate through the 2020-2021 school year, providing a clean and happy environment.