Become part of the St. Monica Parish and School Altar Server Ministry!
Who may join:
- Any student who has received their 1st Holy Communion and is in the 4th – 8th grade may become an altar server at St. Monica.
During the school year this ministry schedules altar servers for:
- Friday Masses and Holy Days which begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Note: your child is most welcome to serve for our weekend Masses.
- Funerals which are scheduled at 10 or 11 a.m. during the week.
- Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. Masses with the permission of the school.
- Interested students begin by attending a New Altar Server Orientation Session.
- Training continues as new servers “shadow” veteran servers – a type of “on the job” training.
We have found that this allows new servers to learn the various altar serving duties while building their confidence on the altar.
- Serving on the altar brings your child very close to the Lord Jesus. Many parents have said that once their child starts serving, they gain a better understanding and appreciation for the Mass.
- Becoming an altar server is a beautiful way for your child to actively participate in the faith life of St. Monica school and parish.