That Every Child May Flourish
St. Monica Catholic School
Executive Summary of the Action Plan, April 2018
GOAL I: Promote a Strong Catholic Identity
- Foster robust faith formation in order to prepare all students for Catholic service and leadership.
- Encourage the ongoing spiritual and religious formation of faculty and staff.
- Celebrate and share our faith with the greater community.
GOAL II: Provide Academic Excellence and Facilitate the Development of the Whole Child
- Promote education of the whole child – academic, spiritual, moral, physical, and social-emotional.
- Actualize curriculum to exceed grade-level standards.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of our current curricular model to sustain academic rigor.
GOAL III: Attract, Develop, Support, and Retain High Quality Faculty
- Enhance the professional growth program to ensure teachers are deepening their content knowledge and instructional skills.
- Review and establish a compensation plan to ensure that all faculty receive competitive compensation.
- Establish a mentor program that partners new teachers with experienced teachers locally and regionally.
- Develop a sustainable evaluation, accountability and support plan.
GOAL IV: Attract and Retain Students Through Effective Execution of our Mission
- Review and update strategic marketing plan and materials.
- Define and implement retention plans for Pre-K student transition to K and the transition from 5th grade to the middle school.
- Ongoing effective communication of our Mission, Vision, and Values.
GOAL V: Maintain a Sustainable Financial Future
- Integrate annual budget process between parish and school.
- Create, review and revise the school’s 3-5 year forecasting model to implement best practices.
- Review and enhance year-round fundraising and long-term development best practices.
GOAL VI: Foster a Strong and Authentic Community
- Strengthen the relationship between the school, parish and home communities.
- Involve the school children in parish life.
- Promote social opportunities for families.
- Enhance service opportunities for students and families.