Accelerated Reader Information (AR)
Renaissance Home Connect https://hosted318.renlearn.com/294798/HomeConnect
Use this website to find books at the appropriate level for your student. AR Book Finder www.arbookfind.com
How AR motivates and inspires.
It’s all about practice! AR encourages substantial differentiated reading practice to create strong readers. Based on each student’s independent reading level, AR helps teachers set personalized goals for each student and select books that are difficult enough to keep students challenged but not too difficult to cause frustration.
Also, AR helps teachers monitor students’ vocabulary growth, literacy skills development, and reading skills taught through basal readers and other reading textbooks.
- Determine the reading level. First, a student’s optimal reading level is determined through a reading assessment (STAR Reading Test). This assessment provides information on a student’s overall reading ability and suggests a range of book levels for each student called the “zone of proximal development,” or ZPD.
- Set practice goals. Teachers then meet with each student to set individualized reading practice goals and monitor progress toward those goals.
- Personalize practice. Personalized reading practice means students read books of interest at their own level that they can comprehend. AR BookFinder helps teachers, librarians, and students find just the right book appropriate to their individual reading level and interest level.
- Students take an AR Quiz. AR offers over 150,000 quizzes of five types. AR Quizzes are constantly being written for both fiction and nonfiction titles.
- Receive instant feedback. AR provides teachers with immediate information, helping them monitor each student’s reading level and comprehension skills, and inform further instruction or intervention. Students and parents get instant feedback to help motivate success using the reports and the Renaissance Home Connect web site. Renaissance Home Connect