Teachers facilitate learning activities that intentionally allow for Middle School students to analyze and integrate content from science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to investigate global issues, answer complex questions, and develop solutions for challenges and real world problems. Middle School students will ask relevant questions, conduct research, refine questions based on research, and develop new questions that are relevant to understanding problems, global issues, or challenges. Teachers will also facilitate learning activities that allow middle school students to refine critical thinking skills by applying scientific investigation and the engineering design process
- Introduces an interdisciplinary program of study consisting of rigorous and challenging courses.
- Continues to provide standards-based, structured inquiry-based and real world problem-based learning that interconnects STEM-related subjects.
- Bridges and connects in-school and out-of-school learning opportunities.
- Increases student awareness of STEM fields and occupations.
- Increases student awareness of the academic requirements of STEM fields and occupations.
- Begins student exploration of STEM related careers.